Here at Murcia Villas Costa Blanca we can help you to find the best mortgage product to finance the purchase of your dream home in the sun.
For non-resident's Spanish banks will generally offer a maximum mortgage loan of 70% of the property valuation, at various lengths of repayment up to the age of 75. Mortgage applications are subject to the same type of affordability checks that you will see with UK banks.
When you take out a mortgage in Spain you will have to pay some additional fees. These fees can be made up as follows:
- Valuation Fee
- Land Registry Fee (to check the current status on the property)
- Mortgage Opening/Arrangement Fee
- Mortgage insurance Fee
We can help you to find the best mortgage product in two ways:
1. Through our extensive contacts within the local branch networks of the major banks here in Spain we can introduce you to english speaking mortgage advisors in the local banks.
2. Through our partnership with one of Spain's leading independant Mortgage Brokers - Mortgage Direct.
Mortgage Direct have been operating in Spain since 2006. Since then, they have cemented their place as the leading independent broker in Spain. They offer a premium broking service to clients of all nationalities and secure the best possible deals.
Murcia Villas has chosen to collaborate with Mortgage Direct over other brokers/intermediaries for the following reasons:
- they use fully qualified advisers
- they have native English and Dutch-speaking brokers, some of whom can also communicate in Spanish, Portuguese and German
- they work with all the major lenders offering finance for Spain
- they have access to exclusive deals, which are not available in branch in the banks (see below)
- they supply mortgage quotes within 24-48 hours
- they offer no obligation advice delivered in a professional and friendly manner
- they charge competitive fees for a premium service
If you wish to find out more about getting finance in Spain, Mortgage Direct are available to discuss your options with you and to provide a no obligation mortgage quote. Just click this link:
They are completely independent and have a wealth of experience in a market where contacts are everything and premium service is key.
Market conditions and exclusive deals
Mortgage Direct is currently offering deals to non-residents with rates as low as Euribor 1.35% and fixed rates from 1.95%. Please see below a graph which shows the fluctuation of the Euribor over the last 13 years.
Now that the property market is steadily improving, more banks are lending again, which has increased competition and led to some very attractive deals becoming available to clients of Mortgage Direct.
At present, mortgages up to 70%* are available to non-residents and 80% to residents. There are some special deals above 80% available to young first-time-buyer resident clients.
Again, we recommend that you contact Mortgage Direct if you have questions relating to whether you would qualify for a mortgage, how much you would qualify for and what conditions may be available to you.
* mortgages are based on the lower of purchase price or valuation